Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Floating Architecture

In Process Documentation






Floating Architecture
Medium: Cardboard, Masking tape, White foam board, Hot Glue, Black tape, staples
Dimensions: 18 x 13 x 26 in






Influential Time Periods: Prehistoric and Post Modern 







Artist Statement:

For this project I choose to use elements and principles found in Prehistoric and Post Modern architecture pieces. The overall form of my piece reflects the geometric and prism qualities found in Post Modern Architecture. I wanted to emphasize repetition in my piece and did so through the linear pattern on triangular pieces that made up the main body of the piece. Prehistoric architecture pieces are made up of raw and natural materials and I wanted to emphasize this as well in my piece. I did so my leaving the cardboard exposed and unpainted to create this visual effect. The diagonal sides of the piece draw the viewers attention to the different pointed cylinder parts, that vary in size, to create a unified appearance. The pointed top of the piece draws the viewers attention both upward and downward toward the main body of the structure. Together, these two periods complement each other with their formal qualities and common theme around unity, repetition, and emphasis. 

Influential Image Sources


No comments:

Post a Comment